Oats and Coconut Payasam is an exceptional combination of ingredients made with oats, freshly grated coconut and milk, which is sweetened, flavored with cardamom powder and garnished with nuts. The freshly grated coconut cooked with oats in milk gives a wonderful dense to the payasam apart from lending its rich taste and aroma.
Payasam is a sweet South Indian recipe prepared in milk or coconut milk. The key ingredient utilized may be any of these - Rice, Wheat, Lentils, Vermicelli and many others. Payasam is distinctive flavored with nuts and raisins. Kheer or payasam is a traditional scrumptious joy for the whole milk products lover, the kheer is an easy to make food and tastes the ideal when it is served warm or chilled. This dessert should be made with accuracy and reliability, timing and patience as if you don't set things right, the regularity of the sweet would disproportion and also the flavor can be quite apparent.
Starting a day with a bowl of oats and fat-free milk has turned into a popular trend among most of the people. Oats is a nutritious method to boost a person's day. It is regarded as the healthiest food items, low-fat and recently found as having cholesterol controlling attributes. Oats is a wholesome gluten-free cereal that was once connected with a gloopy porridge till a few years ago. Then it started making its way to baked things like cookies and breads, and now, very effectively into Indian food recipes. Such as, oats Idli, Oats masala paratha, Oats curd, Oats dosa, Oats cookies, Oats vegetable khichdi, etc.
Coconut is a vital ingredient in many types of cuisines and is used in various culinary uses. It forms a part of daily diet is some way or other. The white, fleshy part of the seed, the coconut meat, is edible and used fresh or dried in cooking. The fleshy part can be desiccated to produce coconut milk in making curry dish and other dishes using coconut milk. Coconuts received the name from Portuguese explorers, the sailors of Vasco da Gama in India, who first brought them to Europe. When coconuts arrived in England, they retained the coco name and nut was added. In India, Kerala is the largest coconut producer state and is also famous for the tender coconuts in India. There are lots of great recipes prepared with coconut. Such as, Coconut burfi, Coconut rice, Coconut rice pudding, Red chili coconut chutney, Coconut shrimp prawn fry, Shrimp coconut masala, Kheema with coconut curry and so on..
Milk, quite simply, is a liquid that mammals can create in mammary glands to feed their young. cow’s milk is considered the best wholesome supplement. The US Department of Agriculture (USDA) has clearly mentioned in its Dietary Guidelines to include milk and milk products to ensure a healthy, balanced diet. The health benefits of Milk can be achieved from drinking Milk directly or by consuming dairy products such as cheese, butter, curd, ghee, dairy whitener, ice cream, paneer, flavored Milk or Milk sweets.
- If the Payasam becomes very thick, add boiled Milk and mix before serving.
- Oat is power packed with fiber, vitamins, minerals and all the nutrients that our body require to be fit.
- Oat is diabetes friendly as it helps to steady the levels of glucose in the bloodstream and aids healthy digestion.
- Oats are loaded in dietary fiber and have a range of healthy cholesterol lowering properties.
- Oats contain low level of sodium thus reduces the risk of high blood pressure.
- Eating oats keeps you much fuller and therefore you tend to eat less in your next meal.
- Oats contains very less amount of fat and calories which is absolutely good for the overall health.
- Coconut is an excellent source of manganese, iron, and potassium.
- Coconuts are rich in lauric acid, which is known for being antiviral, antibacterial, and antifungal, and boosts the immune system.
- Coconut is important for stabilizing blood sugar; lowering cholesterol; healing; hydration; and even replacing blood plasma in an emergency.
- Coconut milk is not low in fat but the fat is quite unique and healthful.
- Coconut water has the highest concentration of electrolytes than anything else found in nature. This makes it an excellent source of hydration.
- Milk is an ideal source of nutrients such as Vitamin A, B12, D, Calcium, Carbohydrates, Phosphorous,Selenium, Magnesium, Protein, Zinc and Riboflavin.
This Payasam is rich, creamy, and extremely delicious to taste. Do try this fantastic dish and enjoy its rich taste and aroma.