Gingered Chicken Strips is a very awesome, simple to prepare and has a striking gingery flavor on bite. The batter coated chicken is deep fried and tossed in an exceptionally mild spicy sauce made with a combination of aromatics that includes fresh ginger paste, onion paste, garlic paste, tomato ketchup, soya sauce, chilli sauce, chilli powder, red chilli paste, MSG, little sugar and crushed pepper. This is a fantastic appetizer or a great snack to offer at any party etc.
The dish has an amalgamation of exotic flavors, sweet, tanginess, pungent, and spicy savor engulfing the crunchy chicken strips making it remarkable to eat. Chicken is one of the most popular and widely eaten poultry foods all over the world and is also cooked in multitude of ways to satisfy our palates. Ginger chicken strips is tasty and crispy dry chicken recipe with flavors of ginger, chilli paste and black pepper powder.
Recipe: Gingered Chicken Strips
- Chicken, cut into strips - 300 gms
- Corn flour - ½ cup
- All-purpose flour - ½ cup
- Salt - to taste
- Oil for deep frying - 2 cups
- Ginger paste - 1 tbsp
- Onion paste - 1 tbsp
- Garlic paste - ¼ tsp
- Tomato ketchup - 1 tbsp
- Soya sauce - 1 tsp
- Chilli sauce - 1 tsp
- Red chilli paste - 1 tsp
- MSG - pinch
- Sugar - ½ tsp
- Pepper, crushed - ½ tsp
- Water to mix batter - as required
- Coriander leaves, finely chopped - 1 bunch
- In a mixing bowl, add corn flour, maida, salt and little water and make into a thick batter. Add chicken pieces and coat the chicken pieces well.
- Heat oil in a pan and when it get hot, deep fry the marinated chicken strips. When they are slightly colored, remove and keep aside.
- In a pan, add in little oil, add ginger paste, onion paste and stir well. Add little salt and mix all ingredients.
- Add ¼ tsp of garlic paste and mix well till the raw flavors are gone. Add 1 tbsp tomato ketchup, soya sauce, chilli sauce, red chilli pd, red chilli paste, MSG, ½ tsp of sugar, crushed pepper and mix well.
- Refry the chicken pieces and mix into the sauce and toss well until they coat well. Switch off the flame. Garnish with coriander leaves.
Right from a simple chicken soup to a striking, mouth-watering tandoori chicken is appreciated and valued by most of us. People love eating crispy, fried chicken and it also considered a healthy meat product with high protein. When cooked, chicken complements and combines well with different flavors. The protein in the chicken is good for muscle growth and development, and also support a healthy body weight and aids weight loss. Skinless Chicken is low in fat and calories and high in proteins. Ginger is a popular and widely used ingredient in most cuisines especially India and China. It was one of the earliest spices known in Western Europe and was used since ninth century.
It is often used fresh, minced, crushed or sliced. Fresh ginger can be stored for few days in the refrigerator. Fresh ginger is essential to Asian and oriental cookery. It is used in pickles, chutneys and curry pastes and the ground dried root is a constituent of many curry powders. Tender young ginger can be sliced and eaten as a salad. In west countries, dried ginger is mainly used in cakes and biscuits especially ginger snaps and gingerbread. Ginger is also used in puddings, jams, preserves and in some drinks like ginger beer, ginger wine and tea. The Ginger paste added to the Gingered Chicken strips gives a awesome punch of flavours on bite.
The taste is truly super delicious and divine. Ginger is most commonly known for its effectiveness as digestive aid. So it helps relieve indigestion, gas pains, diarrhoea and stomach cramping. Ginger’s therapeutic properties also effectively stimulate circulation of the blood, removing toxins from the body, cleansing the bowels and kidneys, and nourishing the skin. The Gingered Chicken Strips is a dry snack dish, aromatic, pungent and spicy. The ginger element adds that extra flavor and zest to the stir fry dish. Do try this recipe and you will surely find the difference.
To try more yummy and appetizing chicken varieties, do click on: https://www.vahrehvah.com
My rating: 4 stars: ★★★★☆ 1 review(s)
You could always reach me at my below links:
My Cooking Videos
Regional Indian Cuisines
VahChef Sanjay Thumma
Enjoy Cooking and always remember that: “VahrehVah is all about inspiring others to cook”!