Every thing about Healthy Snacking | Vahrehvah :
Snacks are one of the most important foods that most of us love to munch on. Snacks are also important for energy and nutrients that you need throughout the day and are easy to carry or put them in lunch box, picnics or during travelling. Snacking among kids has become an addiction especially in between meals. Indian cuisine carries a unique place in snacking, because cooking is known as a skill in India and also due to the various versions of mixed cuisines of different regions; we have a wide range of snacks and appetizers.
In general, Snacking is considered to be bad habit and assumed to have negative effect on health but by changing the type of food and eating healthy low-fat, sugar free snacks would make a valuable contribution to our nutrient intake. Parents often think that snacking leads to weight gain. If you love snacking then you must firstly understand that the key is to make healthy snack choices and avoid consuming too many snacks high in added sugars and low in healthy nutrients.
Listed below are amazing and delicious healthy snacks that you offer your kids and family:
- Chana Jor Garam: A delicious Indian traditional snack made out of Bengal grams. In India, this snack is sold in a conical shaped paper sheets with lemon juice squeezed on the top of chat.
- Kothimbir Vadi: It is an excellent delicious snack from theMaharashtrian cuisine made with lots of coriander leaves (kothimbir), besan (chick peas flour) tempered with mustard, cumin seeds, ajwain, hing for flavoring, spiced with crushed green chilies.
- Bhakarwadi: A traditional spicy Gujarati snack recipe which requires effort but can be stored for weeks and enjoyed with evening tea.
- Vegetable Cutlet: It is one of the well-liked appetizers very healthy and nutritious, prepared combining of mixed vegetables and spices.
- Spicy Corn Chaat: It is one of the spicy chaat recipe for the monsoon time. Corn chaat is an easy snack which you can prepare quickly.
- Masala Grilled Sandwich: This recipe is for the Bombay Masala Toast Sandwich. Easy to make, especially if you have leftover boiled or mashed potatoes.
- Frankie: It is a stuffed paratha roll, served filled with many variations in the preparation of the stuffing.
- Cheese Chili Toast: It is a great mix of cheese, green chilies, onion, and capsicum applied on brown bread slices and baked until done. Cheese chilli toast is generally an open sandwich eaten as part of breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- Aloo Channa Chaat: A tasty and healthy snack made with boiled chickpeas and potatoes.
- Burrito: A burrito is a type of Mexican and Tex-Mex food, consisting of a large wheat flour tortilla with a filling, wrapped into a closed-ended cylinder.
- Jhal Muri: Kids favorite Indian street food evening tea time snack recipe. Jhaal means spices and muri is puffed rice.Bhelpuri of Mumbai is also very close to jhaal muri.
- Avoid grazing or munching all the time.
- Stock your pantry with a variety of healthy snack choices.
- Have a schedule for snacks and meals. Avoid kids picking throughout the day or in-between meals.
- Do not sit in front of the TV and snack or eat meals.
- Have fresh fruits like apple, papaya, watermelon, citrus fruits etc in between meals.
- Make a healthy drink or fruit smoothie with fat-free or low-fat milk or yogurt adding a variety of fresh fruits like pineapple, bananas, strawberries, mango, grapes or papaya. This is amazingly surprise your family with new flavors hitting the palate.
- Whenever you plan to prepare a snack, always look for making a healthy snack that are low in calories, saturated and trans fat.
- Use healthy grains, for example whole wheat cereal flakes, oatmeal
- Healthy snacks help in weight control, managing cholesterol levels and blood sugar levels.
- A good snack must contain all the nutritional values likeprotein, vitamins, minerals and fiber.
- Healthy snacks are high in nutrients such as dietaryfiber, Vitamin A, C, Calcium and Iron.
Finally, do understand that a well-timed healthy snack can just drive away the immediate hunger pranks and boost energy between meals.
Enjoy healthy eating and Be Fit. Be Cool!