Crumb Quiche is a very easy to prepare single crust pie, added with good amounts of veggies and chicken to make it extremely delicious and appetizing. This is absolutely an easy quiche recipe that is low in fat and hardly any use of oil. The quiche crumb crust is made with crackers, milk and little beaten egg. The best part of the crumb quiche is the super simple crust and awesome savory filling to go with.
There are various types of quiche that you can make with. But part of the health diet, this quiche is extremely good, low fat, cholesterol free, offers great nutritional benefits and all will enjoy eating this quiche especially kids. A crisp low fat pastry case and a just set creamy filling, crumb quiche is a good food choice to any meal dilemma from dinner parties, suppers, tea time snack, kitty parties or picnics.
This quiche not only looks great but really taste yum and is comforting. The freshness of herbs, spices and colorful vegetable added into the quiche makes it looks more attractive and tempting to eat. Crumb crust quiche is a classic choice in many single crust pies and is more durable than the classic pie dough, keeps the quiche crusty and the filling juicy. Making your own is incredibly easy and well worth it for a fresh-tasting crust with a crisp texture and balanced savour to do your homemade quiche filling justice.
Quiche Quiche is a savory, open faced pastry crust with fantastic and awesome savoury fillings like meat, chicken, seafood, vegetables, paneer, spices and fresh herbs. Quiche can be served hot or cold. Quiche is a part of French cuisine but also popular in various countries particularly as party food. There are many variants of quiche using a wide variety of ingredients. Quiche goes well with cheese, mushrooms, tomatoes and spinach.
How to prepare Crumb Quiche:
- Fat Free Crackers powder - 1 cup
- Milk - ½ cup
- Egg, beaten - 5 nos
- Garlic - 2 nos
- Chicken pieces - 100 gms
- Beetroot, chopped - 2 tbsp
- Carrot, chopped - 2 tbsp
- Potatoes, boiled - 2 nos
- Onions, finely chopped - 1 no
- Coriander leaves, chopped - ½ bunch
- Green chillies, finely chopped - 3-4 nos
- Pepper powder - 1 tsp
- Salt - to taste
- In a bowl, add fat free crackers powder, milk, egg and mix well to make dough.
- Now roll the dough like a chapatti and place in a quiche mould and trim the edges.
- For the filling, in a bowl, add finely chopped garlic, boiled chicken pieces, beetroot, carrot, boiled potato cubes, onions, coriander leaves, green chillies, pepper powder, salt and mix all ingredients well.
- Fill the quiche moulds with this mixture.
- In another bowl, beat eggs, add little milk and salt. Mix well and pout this egg mixture over the quiche filling.
- Bake the quiche in the oven at 180 degree C for 20-30 minutes and serve hot.
Do try this amazing and yummy Crumb Quiche and enjoy its making in new variations giving creative dimensions in making it healthier and nutritious. To try more favourite recipes, do click on: www.vahrehvah.com You could always reach me at my below links:
My Cooking Videos Indian Recipes Indian Food Regional Indian Cuisines VahChef Sanjay Thumma
Enjoy Cooking! Keep Smiling…