- Heat butter in a pan add carrots and cook it slightly add khoya, cardamom powder and saute it. Then Switch off the flame and allow it rest for some time.
- Take a bowl, add all purpose flour, a pinch of salt, butter and mix nicely. Mix flour nicely using water to make the dough and it should not be too soft or hard.
- Divide the dough into small dumpling and dust some flour, roll into thick round small sheet.
- Cut it with round designer cutter and apply water to the corner, Stuff the carrot mixture and seal the edges and keep aside.
- il in a pan, place the kajjikayalu and deep fry it on slow flame.
- When kajjikayalu are hot, transfer into sugar syrup bowl prepared by boiling sugar and little water.
- Once the kajjikayalu are nicely soaked for 15-20 minutes, transfer into a serving plate.
- Another variation, make thin poori and stuff the mixture (if required add sugar to stuffing), seal edges and deep fry in oil.
- If required sprinkle some sugar powder and transfer to a serving plate.
KHOYA KAJIKAYALU are ready to serve.