Simple Egg Samosa is popular tea time snack stuffed with egg seasoned salt and pepper. Simple Egg Cocktail Samosa is a fantastic crispy snack made with a simple egg mixture subtly spiced with little pepper and salt and stuffed in a pastry filling which is deep fried until crisp and golden in color. This is amazing cocktail snack with crispy outer casing, crunchy on bite and soft inside delighting the palate with its appetizing stuffing.
Egg is a favorite ingredient to many and a snack made with egg would surely allure you to grab one to eat. Samosa is a popular tea time snack that attracts us just by its aroma lingering around while frying. Generally when you pass by a food vendor selling samosa, the aroma around that place is just captivating and finally you land up buying few samosa. Making fresh samosas with different filling is one of the most healthy and nutritious way of eating good food.
Recipe: Simple Egg Cocktail Samosa
- All-purpose flour - 2 cups
- Whole wheat flour - 1 cup
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Water - as required
For the stuffing:
- Boiled eggs - 4 nos
- Black pepper, freshly crushed - 1 tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Boil the eggs, peel and cut them into pieces.
- Add some freshly crushed black pepper and little salt. Toss well and keep aside.
- Take 2 cups of all-purpose flour in a mixing bowl, add 1 cup of whole wheat flour, little salt, and oil. Add little water, mix and make soft dough.
- Cover the dough with a wet cloth and rest it for 15-20 minutes.
- Divide the dough into smaller portions and again cover and rest it for 15 minutes.
- Spread some flour on the table and with help of the rolling pin, roll the dough into a very thin sheet.
- Heat a tawa and once the tawa is really hot, place the roti and just fry it on both sides for just few seconds.
- Remove and trim the edges and cut them into long strips. Cut the long sheet into two and wrap them in a wet cloth.
- Take a thin sheet and fold the sheet in triangle shape and stuff the boiled egg mixture inside. Apply some maida paste on one side of the sheet and seal the edges well.
- Deep fry these samosas in medium hot oil until they are crisp and golden in color.
You could make samosa with some of the most exotic stuffings like aloo chaat, poha, onions, mix vegetables etc. Every stuffing has its own unique taste and flavor on eating. A plate of homemade hot samosas and piping hot tea goes very well and is just comforting and refreshing during a monsoon day. Kids would also love eating this type of delicious, appetizing and nutritious snack. Making this snack is just easy that has very few ingredients which is easily available in most kitchens and is economical, affordable and fresh to serve. It’s a healthy snack with lots of carbs and protein. Eggs are the most versatile ingredient, easy to prepare and can be cooked in any form. They are considered the ideal choice of food for an appetizing breakfast. Eggs can be cooked in many ways that include boiled egg, fried egg, baked eggs, scrambled eggs or omelette etc.
Eggs are a power packed food with umpteen health benefits and full of nutrition. They are a good source of high protein with many dietary benefits. Do try this yummy and appetizing Egg cocktail samosa as most egg recipes are perfectly easy to prepare and makes a healthy and nutritious meal. Try being creative and prepare foods with a little variety in taste and flavour so that your family would love to relish different choices of homemade snacks.
To try more exotic and mouth-watering recipes, do click on: www.vahrehvah.com
My rating: 4 stars: ★★★★☆ 1 review(s)
You could always reach me at my below links: My Cooking Videos Indian Recipes Indian Food Regional Indian Cuisines VahChef Sanjay Thumma
Enjoy Cooking and always remember that: “VahrehVah is all about inspiring others to cook”!