- Take a mixie jar, add tender tamarind and ripe red chilies and blend into a coarse paste.
- Heat 1-2 tablespoons of oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, ground nuts, chana dal, urad dal, curry leaves, asafoetida, turmeric powder, raw tamarind mixture paste, salt and saute it for 1-2 minutes.
- Then add boiled rice to the same pan, mix nicely.
Now, Chittrannam is ready then...
For crispy chilies:
- Cut banana pepper into slices and transfer into a bowl.
- To it, add salt, crushed coriander seeds, rice flour, chickpea flour, water, and mix nicely and deep fry in hot oil until crispy and transfer into a paper towel.
Now raw tamarind rice chitrannam with crispy chilies are ready to serve.