1. first soak 1 small lemon size of tamarind in 1/2 a cup of water for 15 mins and strain its juice and keep aside.
2. heat oil in a pan, add 3/4 cup of onions and fry until the onions become transparent
3. Then add all the tomatoes and cook until the tomatoes bare well done.
4. Then add coriander powder and cook for 3 mins and allow it to cool and grind it to a paste.
5. heat oil and mustard seeds,after it crackles add curry leaves,hing and onions and fry it for a minute
6. add the ground paste,chilly powder and tamarind juice.if the curry is too thick then add some water. it should not be too gravy like or in a more watery consistency. the consistency should be in the middle.
7. heat oil in the seperate pan and fry okra for some 10 mins so that to avoid the stickyness.
8. Then add the okra in the curry and add salt.
9. cook the curry with closed lid until it slightly leaves the oil.