- Pluck gongura leaves wash them in water and dry them with cloth.
- Take a pan, add halfcup of oil then add the Gongura leaves cook till oil oozes out.
- Take another pan, add little water and tamarind bring it to boil and pour this into blender add some garlic and make to a fine paste.
- Dry roast methi seeds,coriander seeds and make a powder.
- Take another pan for tempering, add oil (1/2 cup), red chilli dry, cumin seeds, mustard seeds,urad dal, chopped garlic and switch of the flame, then add pinch of turmeric powder, hing, curry leaves and pour this mixture in to abig bowl.
- In that tempering add red chilli powder, salt, prepared coriander and methi powder,then add cooked gongura leave, tamarind and garlic paste and mix it well. This can be stored for 3 months.
Delicious Gongura Pickle Ambadi is ready to serve with rice / roti's.