- Take a bowl, add all purpose flour, salt, butter and mix nicely.
- Add cooking soda, mix nicely using water to make a soft dough. Knead dough using little oil and allow it rest dough for 30-40 minutes.
- In a pan, add sugar, water and boil it until we get gulab jamun syrup consistency. Add cardamom powder and mix it, transfer into a bowl.
- Dust some flour and roll dough and cut into pieces like as shown in video.
- Dust little flour and place the kaja and press it in center and roll it slightly. Deep fry in hot oil on very slow flame until it is crispy and golden in colour.
- Transfer into sugar syrup for at least 3-4 hours.
Transfer into serving plate and garnish with slivered almonds and serve it.