1. Cut the onion and fry then until translucent. Then add the Cloves and fry it for 3-4 mins.
2. To the mixer - add turmeric, chili powder, salt, corriander powder, poppy seed powder, fried onion, tamarind and make it into a paste. (Chilli powder quantity can be varied based on spice you need)
3. Take a skillet, add vegetable oil and fry the ginger garlic paste for 1-2 mins and then add the paste. Add water till required consistency. Let the gravy cook till the oil seperates from the curry.
4. Then add, cleaned fish to the gravy and let it simmer for 5-8 mins.
5. Use fresh corriander for garnish. Serve it with rice.