|Published||Cooking Time||20 Minutes|
|Recipe Type||Veg-Main||Preparation Time||15 Minutes|
|Ingredient||Beetroot||Standing Time||20 Minutes|
In a similar way, you can use Carrot , Raddish, Brinjal in a same way instead of Beetroot.
Beetroot chutney is a yummy dish with a wonderful appearance and tastes excellent when mixed with hot rice or roti. This dish is deliciously made combining cubes of beetroot and fresh coconut, slightly stir fried and made to a coarse paste, later adding freshly roasted and ground Indian spices like dry red chillies, jeera, pinch fenugreek seeds etc and little sour tinge from the tamarind. Finally the chutney is tempered with mustard seeds, urad dal and fresh curry leaves. Urad dal gives a crunchy taste to the dish while eating.
Recipe of Beetroot Chutney
|Garlic||3 to 4||Clove|
|Black Pepper Corns||1||Teaspoons|
- Remove skin of the beetroot . Grate or cut the Beetroot in a small pieces.
- Cut the onions into slices. In a pan, add oil and put Ural dal, chana dal, Red chillies, Cumin seeds, Fennel seeds, Coriander seeds, black pepper corn and Garlic.
- Fry them until they get little brown. Then add your sliced onions and add salt and fry them until it gets little brown.
- In a separate pan, add little oil and your grated/cut beetroots and fry them until it gets cooked. Or you can put them in the pan where you fried your onions. If you are using separate pan to cook the beetroot, then add it into the onion pan after it gets cooked.
- Then add shredded coconut and saute for 3 mins.
- Add salt and little tamarind. It will go well with Rice, idly and Dosa. Rest it and blend it in the mixer.
- Your yummy beetroot chutney is ready.