Metabolism is the physical and chemical processes in the body that maintain life. All of these processes involve creating and consuming energy. The metabolic rate in our body is determined by how fast energy can be produced and uses. These metabolic rates are influenced by various factors that include age, fat ratio, sex and body mass of the individual.
For maintaining a healthy life there are no short cuts to losing weight, just follow and practice some good habits and eat the right foods that could help in boosting your metabolism. You must also exercise regularly and get good amount of sleep that aid in boosting metabolism. Look below for some of the amazing foods that could speed metabolism. Do add them in your daily diet list to get that extra boost to keep your fit and healthy.
5 Super Foods that boost your metabolism naturally include:
1. Vegetables: Fresh vegetables especially green leafy vegetables are most important to be included in your daily meal for maintaining a high metabolism as they contain high fiber, vitamins and minerals. They are extremely low in calories and fats. So you could add up extra vegetables in your diet whenever you can.
2. Green Tea: Green tea is one of the excellent metabolism boosters that you could drink. Green tea is also considered to be one of the amazing fat burning supplements. Drinking green tea decreases the risk of cancer, reduces food cravings, and aids in weight loss. Studies have shown that people who consume green tea burn up to an extra 70 to 100 calories per day due to the antioxidants present in the tea.
3. Cayenne Pepper: Hot peppers are an excellent ingredient that boosts your metabolism. They increase the body’s release of certain hormones (adrenaline) that stimulates the metabolism and increases calorie burn. This is due to capsaicin which is found in the peppers.
4. Oatmeal & Flaxseeds: Have a balanced breakfast that contains both complex carbs and protein which will help increase your energy, control your appetite and speed up your metabolism.
5. Natural homemade Yogurt: This is the best food as it contains less sugar, more proteins and calcium. Natural yogurt also contains many pro-biotic cultures important for maintaining digestive system. You could also include others foods like almonds, apples, broccoli, beans, cinnamon, grapefruit, spinach, water, lean meat etc which are high in fiber, with more nutrients thus boosting your metabolism.
Other simple and natural ways to boost your metabolism: Eat smaller meals frequently. Never eat less than 1200 calories per day as every time you eat your body experiences thermic effect of food that causes an increased metabolism. Hence eating small portions every 3-4 hours can keep your metabolism raised.
Exercise regularly or do intense cardio for at least 30 minutes per day which will help boost your metabolism. Sleep is very important to all of us as it gives rest to our body. You need to have not more than 7 hours of sleep per day or else you are likely to gain weight.
Do not skip your breakfast as this wonders in kick-starting your metabolism. It is essential that you have a nutritious and fulfilling morning meal to satisfy your appetite early in the day thus preventing from binge eating later on. Ensure you include protein in your daily meal as this helps to reduce your appetite because similar to carbs this also gives you the feeling of fullness in the stomach.
Eat recommended amount of calories as per your body mass and activity as eating too little, in addition to exercise could cause your body to go into starvation mode thus slowing down the metabolism. Hence eat the right amount of foods and foods that help in boosting your metabolism.
You find many people struggling with weight issues and weight management remedies. It is important to understand how metabolism influences in weight control. In simple words, metabolism provides fuel for our body and its various functions. Hence for those who have sluggish metabolic rate, do follow a disciplined lifestyle which can do wonders to keep your energies high.
Here at Vahrehvah you could look out for your favorite, mouth-watering recipes that are nutritious and luscious to eat. To check out for many more yummy, appetizing and exotic recipes, do click on: www.vahrehvah.com
You could always reach me at my below links:
Enjoy cooking and eating healthy foods to stay hale and hearty. Always remember that: “VahrehVah is all about inspiring others to cook”!