1. Grate the beetroot.
2. In a kadai add 1 tbsp ghee and once the ghee gets heated up, add the grated beetroot and keep frying till the raw smell of beetroot goes away. It takes approximately 5 mins.
3. Meanwhile in another vessel boil milk (preferably whole milk)
4. Once the raw smell of beetroot diasppears, add milk and let the beetroot get cooked in milk.
5. Keep stirring occasionally until the milk is completely absorbed by the beetroot.
6. Later add sugar and keep stirring and the remaining 2 spoons ghee can be added in stages now.
7. Keep stirring continuously until halwa consistency is achieved (takes around 7-8 mins).
8. Finally add cardamom powder and nuts can be added if desired.
9. Delicious halwa is ready in 15 mins.