|Published||Sep 11, 2007||Cooking Time||1 hour|
|Recipe Type||Desserts/Sweets||Preparation Time||30 min|
|Ingredient||Flour||Standing Time||1 hour|
Recipe of Modak
For the Rice Dough
- Boil the water & oil and remove from heat.
- To it add the rice flour, cover and allow it to cool.
- Later, knead well and keep aside.
- Mix all the ingredients mentioned under stuffing except milk.
- Put this mixture on a medium heat and cook stirring all the time.
- Then add the milk, mixing well and remove off the heat once it is totally dry.
- Make balls of the rice dough.
- Make a small hollow in the center and place the stuffing in the middle.
- Now join the open edges together and give it a shape like a whole garlic.
- Steam these modaks for 10 minutes, take off, cool and keep in air-tight containers.
Posted Sep 11, 2007