|Published||Aug 21, 2007||Cooking Time||1 hour|
|Recipe Type||Desserts/Sweets||Preparation Time||30 min|
|Ingredient||Milk||Standing Time||1 hour|
Recipe of Malido
|Whole Wheat Flour||50||Grams|
- Sift the flour, semolina and wheat flour
- Blanch and slice the almonds. Fry them and the cashewnuts in half the ghee.
- Drain. Keep aside.
- Mix the sifted ingredients with all the remaining ghee and milk
- Keep the mixture aside for half an hour.
- Cook on a slow fire stirring constantly with a wooden spoon until the mixture thickens, and becomes light brown in colour.
- Bring sugar and water to a boil, stirring until the sugar melts.
- Mix the above mixture with sugar syrup and cook together until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Take off the fire.
- Slowly pour the beaten eggs into the mixture and beat in thoroughly.
- Cook again on a slow flame stirring until the ghee floats on the top.
- Remove from the fire and lastly add the vanilla essence, cardamoms, nutmeg, powder, half the fried almonds and cashewnuts, half the cherries, and mix together.
- Serve hot.
Posted Aug 21, 2007