Makki Di Roti
|Published||Aug 21, 2007||Cooking Time||1 hour|
|Recipe Type||Breads||Preparation Time||30 min|
|Ingredient||Flour||Standing Time||1 hour|
Recipe of Makki Di Roti
|Fistful Plain Flour||1||Numbers|
|Water To Knead||Bottle|
- Mix maize flour, oil and salt.
- Knead in a soft pliable dough, adding very little water at a time.
- When the dough is very smooth and soft, bread a lump.
- Shape into a ball, flatten and pat with palm, to make a thin roti.
- Use dry plainflour to help. Or roll with a rollint pin.
- Take care to dust with flour and lift and turn to avoid sticking.
- Place on a heavy iron or earthen griddle and roast till crisp.
- Repeat on both sides. Repeat for all rotis.
- Cover and line with napkins to keep warm.
- Drizzle with ghee or butter if desired.
- Serve hot with sarson ka saag and slice of onion and lime.
Posted Aug 21, 2007