|Published||Apr 14, 2008||Cooking Time||1 hour|
|Recipe Type||Appetizers||Preparation Time||30 min|
|Ingredient||Peas||Standing Time||1 hour|
Description: Lilva Kachoris are stuffed with baked mixture of pigeon peas (lilva bean) or urad dal (crushed and washed horsebeans), besan (gram flour), black pepper, red chilli pd, salt and other spices and deep fried until done.
Recipe of Lilva Kachori
|Lilva Or Peas||1||Bag|
Lilva Kachori Ingredients: MASALA 1 bag Boiled Lilva/Peas Little bit Green Chilies, Little bit Coriander Leaves Little bit Zeera Little bit Ginger/Garlic Paste Little bit Hing Little bit Turmeric Little bit Salt Little bit Sugar Little bit Coriander Powder (optional) Little bit Lime Juice DOUGH 1 cup Maida Little bit Salt ½ Tbsp Suji (soaked in warm water) 1 Tbsp Ghee/Oil Water for Dough
- Into a food processor add Lilva, add green chilies, add coriander leaves and blend to a coarse paste. Into a pan heat little bit oil and add zeera, add ginger/garlic paste, add Hing, add turmeric and mix it, add the mixture and mix it well.
- Make the mixture dry and cook little further until the chilies are cooked as well. Add pinch of sugar, add Coriander Powder, squeeze some lime juice and keep aside
- MAKE SURE THE MIXTURE IS DRY In another dish, add Maida, and some salt and make nice crumbles add soaked Suji, and make crumbles, add little water and kneed it to a SOFT dough, let it rest for few minutes.
- Take little bit dough and spread out on a flat surface, add spoonful of Masala, hold the edges together and join them with your hand, pull it out with your index finger and thumb, remove the extra dough and roll the ball slightly between your hands. Do the same with the rest of the dough.
- Fry them of a little less then medium heat, for about 4 minutes, until the kachori get nice light color. DON’T FRY THE KACHORIES IN HOT OIL, BUT FRY IN LITTLE LESS THEN MEDIUM HEAT
Posted Apr 14, 2008