Aggala - Rasa Kavali
|Published||Aug 28, 2007||Cooking Time||1 hour|
|Recipe Type||Desserts/Sweets||Preparation Time||30 min|
|Ingredient||Standing Time||1 hour|
Description: One of the simplest aggala recipes is also known as the Rasa Kavali which involves boiling the treacle over an open flame together with a pinch of salt
Recipe of Aggala - Rasa Kavali
|Measure Kittul Treacle||1/4||To Taste|
|Measure Roasted Rice Flour|
- Reserve one-fourth of the roasted rice flour in a bowl to coat the aggala when ready. In a saute pan, boil the treacle over medium heat until thickened.
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper. Remove from fire.
- Add the roasted rice flour to the thickened treacle.
- Mix in well. Mixture should be a little bit sticky. When mixture has cooled enough to handle, form into 3/4"-1" diameter balls and coat with the remaining roasted rice flour.
- Enjoy after a meal or at tea time.
Posted Aug 28, 2007