|Published||Feb 29, 2008||Cooking Time||15 Minutes|
|Recipe Type||Others||Preparation Time||10 Minutes|
|Ingredient||Dall||Standing Time||5 Minutes|
Description: Adai is made of lentils and rice. It is usually prepared for breakfast and is filling and healthier than dosa. also can drumstick leaves to increase the nutritional value. So this adai is rich in iron also. It is very simple to prepare and does not need much planning as for dosa. It goes well with avial, chutney, jaggery and butter.
Recipe of Adai
|Red Pepper||7- 10||Numbers|
- Soak rice and dhal separately for 3 to 5 hrs. Grind rice finely along with red chillies and asafodita in to a fine paste.
- Grind dhal coarsely.
- Mix dhal and rice together add salt . If u mant add 3 table spoons of coconut .
- The consistancy of this batter should be thicker than dosa batter.
- Take a pan add some oil and splutter mustard seeds , curry leaves and saute onion for few minutes add this to the batter.
- Heat a pan spread the batter like dosa add 2 tsp of oil around the corner and in middle of adai .
- When the bottom side is done turn the tops side and let it cook .
- Serve with coconut chutney
Posted Feb 29, 2008