|Published||Sep 17, 2007||Cooking Time||1 hour|
|Recipe Type||Appetizers||Preparation Time||30 min|
|Ingredient||Rice||Standing Time||1 hour|
Description: Adai is made of lentils and rice. It is usually prepared for breakfast and is filling and healthier than dosa. also can drumstick leaves to increase the nutritional value. So this adai is rich in iron also. It is very simple to prepare and does not need much planning as for dosa. It goes well with avial, chutney, jaggery and butter.
Recipe of Adai
|Coconut - Grated||To Taste|
|Curry Leaves||To Taste|
|Turmeric Powder||To Taste|
|Toor Daal & Urad Daal||1/4||Cup|
- Soak rice for 4 to 5 hours only.
- Soak all the dals together for 2 hours only .
- Grind Rice, Dals, red chillies, together. The dough should be coarse(dals should be half grinded). Note : The dough should not be watery. It should be thicker than a normal 'DOSAI' dough.
- Mix grated Coconut, Onion, Curry Leaves, Salt and Turmeric Powder to the dough.
- Heat Tawa. Grease Tawa with little oil.
- Pour the dough in the Tawa.
- Make a round shape.
- Make a hole in the center and another 5 holes a little distance from the center.
- Pour Oil in each hole and on the adai to make it crispy.
- Wait till it is golden reddish brown in colour and turn it.
- Again pour oil in each hole and little on top of adai also.
- Serve with little butter on top while Adai is hot.
- The adai's crispness depends on the length of the time on the tawa and can be made according to taste.
Posted Sep 17, 2007