|Recipe Type||Desserts/Sweets||Preparation Time|
Ada Pradhaman is another classic dessert or traditional payasam of Kerala. Payasam especially Ada payasam, be it palada payasam (prepared with rice ada, milk and sugar) or ada pradhaman (prepared with jaggery, rice ada and coconut milk) is especially popular during the festival of Onam.
Recipe of Ada pradhaman Payasam
- Melt Jaggery and keep aside.
- Boil water and keep the ada in it till it is cooked soft. Strain after 10 minutes and keep aside.
- Mix the melted jaggery with the cooked ada and stir for ten minutes in low fire.
- Take two extracts of the coconut milk and add the second extract to the above mixture.
- Boil this until it becomes thick. Take it off the fire and add the first extract of milk.
- Fry the cashew and raisins and ghee and garnish the payasam